Who doesn't like to glow like a goddess? Whether you're brand-new to makeup or have been applying it for years, highlighter is undoubtedly one of your most utilised items. Highlighter is a fantastic method to change the way your face makeup looks, from a soft, natural glow to a blazing highlight that draws attention to you. But did you know that you may enhance your cosmetics game with this item in a few creative and amusing ways? Here are 6 highlighter tricks and suggestions that help you do more than just highlight your cheekbones:
1. Make your own hydrating face makeup. We understand that matte foundations stay for a long time, but sometimes it feels nice to dewy face makeup look that gives your skin a beautiful and healthy look. To create a modest brightness, combine a liquid highlighter with your foundation and apply it all over your face. A tiny bit of highlighter should do the work, but if you want the appearance of glowing glass skin, you can apply more highlighter to your foundation. One quick highlighter trick is to blend the liquid highlighter with your primer on days when you don't wear makeup to hide pores and bring radiance to your skin. Use setting powder to mattify some areas of your face that appear overly dewy.
2. Obtain a full pout. After you've finished applying lip liner and lipstick, use a powder highlighter to give the centre of your lips some shine and sparkle. As a result, your lip makeup looks more glam, and the highlighter also plays with light to give the illusion of bigger lips.
3. Make a glittery eyeliner. Want to give your eye makeup a little more oomph? Once your eyeshadow and eyeliner are applied, add a sharp line of highlighter along your lash line or draw over your crease to elevate your makeup to a whole new level. Draw lines on your eyelid using a flat, angled brush that has been dampened with a setting spray before usage, much like you would with gel eyeliner. Even though this highlighter hack won't have the same strong impact as a glittering eyeliner, it's ideal for giving your eyes a hint of sparkle without going overboard.
4. Use it as a topcoat for eyeshadow. When applying eye makeup, highlighters work well as eyeshadow toppers to give eyes a radiant sheen. Pick up the product with your finger and softly pat it over your eyeshadow in the middle of your eyelid. Use a fluffy brush to apply highlighter to the eyelid if you want to reduce the glitter and achieve a faint wash of shine instead.
5. Wake your eyes up. Apply a gentle champagne highlighter to the inner corner of your eyes to create the appearance of a bigger, brighter, and more alert eye. You probably already know this, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded. Even on days when you would like to stay in bed with a warm cup of coffee, you may look refreshed and fresh by using this highlighter application trick, which is quite simple to use. When applied close to the eyes, highlighters that are overly white-toned or black will look artificial. Make sure that the highlighter you choose enhances the undertone and tone of your skin which will make you look bright and fresh.
6. Make your arms and legs sparkle. Who said that you can just apply highlighter on your face? Here is a fast baby oil and highlighter hack to help you give the rest of your body a healthy, glowing appearance: mix a few drops of your liquid highlighter with a thin baby oil and massage it all over your arms and legs to make your skin look incredibly nourished and moisturised. This is a terrific highlighter trick to fake well-defined collarbones and a radiant, sun-kissed complexion if your dress draws attention to your shoulders and décolletage.